8.25.2009

What's new?

What have we been up to since our wedding festivities have ended?  Well, we are on a mad hunt for an awesome house.  We'd love to take advantage of the $8,000 tax credit, so we are hoping to find a house and sign before December 1st!  We have a great realtor and of course found our dream house, BUT it was an approved short sale, for practically $50-75,000 less than it was actually worth.  We bid high, but unfortunately someone else bid higher.  We saw a few houses last weekend, including a pretty nice house on a lake in Lake Orion, but decided it was a bit too small for us.  The view was beautiful and of course we'd love to live on a lake, but we didn't want to sacrifice the size of the house for the view.  We saw 7 more on Sunday and will look at a few more this Friday.  We'll keep you posted.

As for me, my summer vacation is officially over.  I was back to work as of last Monday and was unsure of how I felt about this school year.  I'm back to teaching 6th grade, which is my favorite grade to teach, and have taken on the position of lead teacher.  Although I was a lead teacher at DEPSA, I was more concerned with my team this year because we were going to have 4 new teachers due to two leaving and two teaching a different grade.  I'd have to say that our principal did an AWESOME job with the hiring though.  My partner (the ELA teacher) is great.  We have the same teaching styles/philosophies AND she scrapbooks!  It doesn't get any better than that!  If you are even halfway aware of my partner last year, you'd understand how much better this is!  The others in my team are great too..we get along very well and they are fun to hang out with (one is just as addicted to Big Brother as I am!) so I feel very lucky to be the leader of what's going to be an awesome team.  

Of course with more responsibilities, I have lots of work to do.   So, if I haven't talked to you much lately, don't take it personally...just trying to readjust to this thing called work.  Troy has been very busy too.  He's had a few trainings here and there which has taken time away from clients, meaning he has to squeeze them in on other days.  Plus, he has audits every other week it seems, so he has a ton of paperwork to look through/get signatures for/etc. in a short period of time.  Don't you just love when your bosses throw work at you and tell you its due in two days...you do the work putting other work aside, then are told the next day that they changed their mind and it isn't due until next week.  Yeah, thats been happening a little too much and it pretty much sucks if you ask me.

So, we've been busy busy busy the past couple weeks...but we are hoping for some relaxation and non-work related fun this weekend.  We'll keep you updated on the house-hunting!

No comments: