9.21.2008

Wedding Rings? Check -- Dress? Check


It's very different to have a destination wedding because we really only have to talk to one person (the wedding coordinator at the resort) to plan everything for our big day.  Since we don't have much in the way of planning to do at this point, we thought we'd go out and do some ring shopping.  We weren't really planning on buying them right away, but with the deals we got (the same lady that sold Troy my engagement ring was there and remembered him), we figured we might as well get them now and just check that off the relatively small list of things we have to do on our own.  

I also found the perfect dress when shopping with my mom, sister, and Val about a month ago.  Of course, it was the first day I ventured to the shops to try them on, but I fell in love with it right away.  I was afraid of waiting too long to make my decision since different seasons mean different dresses and I didn't want to risk making it more difficult to find the dress if I waited longer.  Plus, I couldn't stop thinking about it for about 2 weeks, so my mom, sister and I went back just to make sure.  The decision?  Yup, it was the one.  It's definitely not the dress I was seeking out when I went shopping, but once I put this one on, all the other dresses looked boring!  Of course I can't put a picture of that on here...sorry, you'll have to wait!  Thanks to my mom, sister, and Val for coming with me.  Although I loved it the minute I put it on, it was good to know that you guys liked it just as much!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the rings---all shiny and new. And, BTW, your dress is gorgeous!

Nicole said...

hee hee, I knew you'd come around about the dress! It's super pretty :)