1.15.2009

Only 6 months away!!

Can you believe that in 6 months we'll be in Mexico? Of course I know many of you wish we were there now because of this frigid weather, but time is flying, so in no time, we'll be at the pool with a drink (a free drink at that) in hand!

This week, I had a cherry popped. I went to my first Metallica concert! I can't say I was a huge Metallica fan, or even listened to much of their music at all, until I met Troy. But through the years, he introduced me to more and more of their music, and I actually enjoyed it. So, since they were coming to town, he insisted that I experience my first Metallica concert with him. He invited a long-time military friend, Steve (who lives in Key West -- lucky him that he could return to 65 degree weather afterwards) who also loves Metallica and we went to their concert on Tuesday night. Although I would never consider myself a true "metal-head" as they call themselves, I did have a good time and they put on a good show, head-banging and all! The only unfortunate thing about it was that it was on a Tuesday night and I not only worked all day, but had to be up bright and early the next day.

Besides the concert, this week has been pretty laid-back, catching up on sleep and getting back into the swing of things at work. As far as our wedding planning goes, we have most of it done with the exception of a few small things. This weekend, Troy and I are going to look at our photographer/videographer options and after that, we just have to wait until closer to the actual date to finalize a few other things. I am really trying to be patient with my wedding dress. I ordered it back in September and they said it would take around 16 weeks, which my mom was so nice to inform me that 16 weeks was up the day after Christmas. Well, with the holidays, I figured some shipping may be delayed, but since Christmas was 3 weeks ago, I think it might be safe for me to call and inquire about it?!?!? I can't wait to see what it looks like in the right size and color (I tried a pink dress of the same style on for size)! Aside from that, its just a matter of time. I'm so glad to have heard from many of you about your arrangements and it seems like many of us are flying out together, so that'll be awesome to share a flight out there. I hope everyone is looking forward to the trip as much as we are. Especially with all this cold weather, it seems like that is all I can think about!

No comments: