7.29.2009

Cabo -- Day 3

It's the Wedding Day!

Thursday morning, Troy and I got up to eat an early breakfast before we had our spa appointments.  In our wedding package from the resort, we got a free 1 hour massage and then I got a facial afterwards.  A nice, relaxing way to start the day.  We met everyone at the pool after the spa and hung out there, had lunch, and had more pool time before going to the room to get ready.  Surprisingly, I was not the least bit nervous, but then again, it didn't quite seem real yet.  So, at about 3pm, I went back to the room, showered, and waited for Nicole to come to my room.  I helped her with her hair (she was going to wear it straight) and then she started my hair (which I was going to wear curly).  With a few drinks and a few visitors (my mom, Val, and Kelly), everything was good and at 5:50pm, my dad came down and we were on our way to walk towards the gazebo, the wedding site.  Before I post lots of pictures, I have to say that everything was perfect and I wouldn't have changed a thing.  I was not the sobbing bride that I was afraid I would be (due to nerves -- which I had for maybe 10 minutes max!)...I was actually the "I-can't-stop-smiling-bride" which of course I preferred!  Our photographer, Jerome Dieu, from Mango Productions, took some amazing pictures and can you believe that we got them (along with a video of the wedding) only 4 days later, on Monday?!?! 
   
Our Mexican Trio playing the wedding march

My dad walking me to my future husband


Our Officiant, Marco Arechiga, was awesome...and hilarious!

We couldn't have done it without our parents...

"You may now kiss the bride"


and kiss we did!


Officially Mr. and Mrs. Perez


Champaign toast

After our champaign toast, Troy and I went off with our photographer and got some pictures with our friends and family, and then just by ourselves on the beach, while our guests were able to enjoy some cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.  Unfortunately there is not enough room on this blog to post all 275 pictures, but here are a few of our favorites...
      

After cocktail hour and pictures, it was time for dinner.  But before dinner, we had our first dance as husband and wife, to the song "If I Should Fall Behind" by Bruce Springsteen.  For dinner, our first course was an asparagus and tomato salad.  Next was a tomato basil soup.  Third, we had lime sorbet with tequila touch.  Our main course was lobster and filet mignon, to finish with a coconut cake with malibu touch.  The food was AMAZING!  So amazing in fact that we didn't have any room for wedding cake.  So we at least cut the cake and had them save it for us to eat the next day.

    

After dinner, everyone decided to change (it was a hot and steamy 105 degrees and sunny on our wedding...I can't blame them!) and meet up at Desires Lounge for Rock Band.  I know, can you believe it?  They had a Rock Band competition on our wedding day!  Unfortunately, when we got there, we noticed some sparks while they were setting up the equipment.  Needless to say, there was no Rock Band that night.  So, we called it a night and went back to our room...to a wonderful surprise.  Our room was all decorated with rose petals and candles to celebrate our wedding night!

   
     

What a fabulous day -- from beginning to end!  

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Thanks for sharing your pics! So, were you totally surprised by your decorated suite after the wedding? :) I hope that bath water wasn't too cold by then...