7.26.2009

Courthouse Wedding

I know I am a bit delayed in posting anything lately, but now that we've been home for a few days, I can finally take the time to upload everything.  Yes, I will get to the Cabo wedding, but I want to first start off with the Courthouse wedding.  In case you didn't know, there are many laws to legally get married in Mexico, including being there for 4 days prior to the wedding, getting blood tests, and also X-rays.  After the wedding, it can take up to 4 months to get the wedding certificate back, which then must be translated before we could legally be considered "married" in the United States.  We obviously didn't want to bother with all that, so we decided to get married here beforehand (with a "symbolic" wedding in Cabo), so the Monday before we left, we took care of that!  Since my Grandma Liske was in town to watch Kodi while my parents in Cabo, and since Shaun was not working this week, they joined us along with our parents at the Rochester Hills Courthouse.


Our wedding "appointment" was for 11am, but after a 30 minute wait, we walked in the courtroom and within 2 minutes we were husband and wife -- yeah seriously, it took less than 2 minutes.  Here's the video (it is pretty quiet, so you might need to turn up the volume on your computer all the way, to hear it)...


1 comment:

Nicole said...

wham bam, thank you ma'am. Wow - that was a quick wedding. :) I think it took me longer to read your post than to watch you become a Mrs!