7.09.2009

An important note about credit/debit cards

For those of you planning to use your credit/debit card for anything in Mexico -- please read...

Shortly after I used my debit card to reserve the spa and ATV tour, I received a phone call from my bank.  They were calling because of the charges since they were made out of the country, and there were asking if I would approve of them.  Obviously I said yes, but since most of you won't have phone access in Mexico, you won't want to have to worry about your card being declined because you are out of the country (the bank was worried about fraudulent charges).  So, when I went to the bank today, I asked what could be done so that they wouldn't have to call me every time I used it to approve the charges and they said that they would just put a note on my account that I would be in the Cabo area from 7/14-7/21, which would mean they wouldn't have to call me every time.  Also, I got an international phone number from them that I could call at any time (without charge), in case something happens where my card is rejected.  If you plan on using your debit card or credit card, I would suggest you call your bank and credit card company so they can put a note on your account and you won't have to worry about anything being declined when you are there!  

See you soon!  

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I did this on Tuesday! I also made copies of our passports, drivers licenses and credit cards (front and back) to hide away in our luggage. Maybe I'm a little anal (or a lot anal!) but the last place I want to lose that stuff is in a foreign country.

Unknown said...

Good idea sis! Troy is going to do that for us too!