7.06.2009

Zipline and some other info...

I know Troy and some of the guys will be going fishing in Mexico on Friday.  I'm not sure yet myself how I'm going to want to spend that day...whether laying by the pool (I probably won't have much time until that day to do that) or if I want to go out and about..  I have been eyeing the zipline that they have in downtown Cabo, but I'm not sure enough about it to reserve it now.  So, I am not sure if anyone else would be interested or not, but its something to think about.  We can reserve it at the resort if any of us decide to do it, but as an FYI, it costs about $85 and they require you to wear longer shorts (capris are good for girls) and close-toed shoes.  Again, I'm still up in the air, but since the girls might not be planning on bringing close-toed shoes, you might want to, if this seems to interest you.  

Another FYI is that Troy talked to the man he booked the charter with yesterday, and when Troy was asking him about playing in dollars or pesos, the man said that there is no problem paying for excursions in dollars (and cash is better than credit because of the surcharge from your credit card company, of course), but if you have to get a cab/bus to go somewhere, it will be MUCH better to use pesos so you get a better exchange rate (and those drivers might try to rip you off if you use dollars).  So, I don't know who plans on leaving the resort by bus/cab (most excursions you take that you set up at the hotel have roundtrip transportation included, so you don't need your own way to Cabo--but if you want to go just to walk around and see whats there, you need your own transportation), but you have a few choices.  You could exchange money at the airport or at the resort.  The exchange rate might not be the best at the resort (a little lower than the airport), but if you only plan to change some over for cab rides (about $25 one way to Cabo), it won't be a big deal, unless you want to exchange a lot of money over.  Hope this makes sense...let me know if you have any questions about this...

2 comments:

Valerie Chandler said...

I was looking into the zipline myself... not sure if you need to know that and I am not sure but Derek may want to do it as well, so I will have to see when we can do that. Just thought I would leave a comment about that. Thanks for all of the info as well!

Unknown said...

Yeah...cool...I wasn't sure if anyone would want to or not, but thats cool if you do....It wouldn't be very fun to do it by myself! =)